Instead of updating one-by-one purchase orders, update the existing purchase orders in bulk and save much time and effort.
In this section, we've outlined the process of bulk edit, you can make multiple purchase orders, seamlessly and quickly.
- On the left menu panel, go to Orders -> Purchase Orders.
- Purchase Order List will appear.
- Select the Order IDs which you want to edit.
- Either 'select all' by ticking the checkbox preceding to the Order id column name or click on the checkboxes preceding the Order Ids you want to make changes.
Selecting all Order Ids
Choosing selective Order Ids
- Select the order ids and click on the three vertical dots (next to delete button).
- Click on Bulk Edit from the drop down list.
NEW - Performing bulk edit on a specific set of purchase orders (uploading CSV file or spreadsheet table)
The new bulk edit wizard offers an additional feature. Users can now either upload a CSV file or enter the Order ids in a spreadsheet. Bulk edit will be performed only on those specific orders. There is no need to select the orders prior.
Follow the below steps:
- Without selecting any order ids, click on the three dot menu and select Bulk Edit.
Select Label Type window will pop up with two options to upload purchase orders for bulk edit - 'Upload CSV' or 'Spreadsheet Table'.
To Upload CSV
Note - Under this condition, along with the order Ids, you can add custom fields as well (maximum 5 fields) in the CSV file and directly update only the custom fields.
- Select Upload CSV radio button.
- Click on Next.
- After clicking on Next, you'll be asked to Upload CSV. Either drop a CSV file or browse the required file from your system and upload it.
- Click on Upload file then click on Next.
- The spreadsheet table will get displayed.
- Click on Next.
Make sure the order ids added are all valid.
Also if you are adding the custom fields, make sure the field name and values are valid. The custom fields can be edited in the spreadsheet itself. As soon as the update process gets completed successfully, you can close the window.
In case the custom field is a checkbox - you can make any text entry like true-false, yes-no, 0-1, or off-on.
In case the custom field is a date field - enter date in yy/mm/dd format.
If the custom field is a picklist or drop-down list, make sure all the values present in the list are entered in the CSV file.
Do not close the window or click on the Back button while the update process takes place.
- After the update process is completed successfully, close the window and the process will end. Custom fields for the mentioned purchase order ids will get updated.
If the spreadsheet table contains only order ids, click on Next to proceed with further steps.
Check - Purchase Order Bulk Edit Wizard - Step by step process section for further process.
In case in the Select Label Type, if you Select Spreadsheet Table radio button and then Click on Next.
Directly, the spreadsheet table will open where you need to enter the Order Ids on which you want to perform bulk edit. Make sure to enter valid order ids.
Note - You can also add column/columns to edit custom fields in the spreadsheet itself. (Left click on the table column and select insert new column left-right)
- Once orders ids (also custom fields if any) are entered, click on Next.
(Spreadsheet with order ids and custom fields will get instantly updated)
Below is the screenshot of the spreadsheet table, excluding custom fields
Whether you select Order Ids, upload CSV or enter order ids in a spreadsheet, the next set of steps are the same for all.
>>>Purchase Order Bulk Edit Wizard - Step by step process
- Purchase Order Bulk Edit Wizard will open. You can minimize or maximize each screen as per convenience.
Step 1 - Select Fields
- In step 1, select fields that need to be edited.
NOTE - You can select maximum 5 fields to perform bulk edit.
a. Either type one by one field name in the search field and tick the checkbox as the field appears.
b. Select fields (max 5) as per your requirement from the different segments as displayed below.
c. You can also select fields of a particular segment at a time by clicking on the checkbox, preceding the main heading of the segment. However, only 5 (maximum) fields are allowed.
You can view the count of fields selected, below the Reset All button.
Reset All button is to deselect all the fields selected. You can start again with field selection.
As an example we are selecting 'Shipping Method', 'Billing City' and 'Priority'.
- Select the fields and click on Next.
Step 2 - Generate Form
- Next comes the Generate Form.
- Enter the data in fields and click on Next.
- If it's a text field, type the necessary text.
- If it's a drop down, select the required option from the list.
- If it's a date field, just click on the field, a calendar will appear, select the date you want.
Step 3 - Confirmation
- In Confirmation, you can see the Field names and Field values that you have edited.
- To proceed, click on Next.
Step 4 - Processing
- Then comes the Processing.
- You will be asked if you are sure to continue with the bulk edit. If yes, click on Start Updating.
- Execution starts.
- One by one, the fields will be updated.
- After the update is completed, click on Next.
Note - When the update takes place, make sure you do not click the Back button on your browser or close the window.
Step 5 - History
- In History, you will see the status and description of the Purchase Orders edited. User name, last modified date, and timing will also be displayed.
- To start again with the bulk edit process, click on the Update Again button or simply close (x) the window, if you are done with the bulk edit.
Updated 4 months ago