Product Form Fields
The product definition form contains many pre-defined fields organized in different buckets, the list of fields (from top to bottom of the form) and their intended use is detailed below - all fields marked with a * are mandatory, the rest are optional.
Product Type Information
- Designates this product as a product for which each inventory item will be tracked by a unique serial number. See Section Serialized Products for more details.
- Matrix Item
- Designates this product as a Matrix Item product for which inventory will be tracked by user defined attributes (e.g. Size and Color). See Section Matrix Item Products for more details.
- Designates this product as a Service product. No inventory is managed for service products (e.g. Labor, Refurbishing, Repair). See Section Service Products for more details.
- Enable Lot Tracking
- Designates this product as a Lot Tracked product for which inventory will be tracked by lot numbers assigned at point of production or acquisition. See Section Lot Tracked Products for more details.
- Designates this product as an Assembly that will be built from raw materials and components. The user will be able to select the bill of materials including any service products (like labor) to complete the assembly. The unit cost will be calculated based on bill of materials and cost of underlying components. See Section Assembly Products for more details.
- Designates this product as a Kit that will be built from finished good components. This capability enables the sale of products for marketing promotions. Unlike Assembly products, Kit products do not contain inventory. See Section Kit Products for more details.
- Designates this product as a Proxy product that will pull inventory from a related "parent" product code. See Section Proxy Products for more details.
- Designates this product as Customizable by the purchasing customer thru optional add-ons (e.g. Add embroidery or Personalization or Logo). See Section Product Customizations for more details.
- Product Substitutes
- Designates substitute products for this product that can be recommended to the customer if this product is not available. See Section Product Substitutes for more details.
- Note: This capability is not available in the WebStore channel currently.
- Designates this product as a Drop-Ship product that is purchased from a third party and shipped directly to the customer. No inventory is managed for this product type. See Section Drop-Ship Products for more details.
- Product Name*
- Enter a Name for the product - 75 character max limit.
- Product Code*
- Enter a product code - this has to be unique to this product, no other products in the system should have the same product code. It can be a combination of letters and/or numbers (but no special characters including ' or " are allowed) - 50 character max limit.
- Product codes can contain characters such as:
- a to z
- A to Z
- 0 to 9
- . (dot)
- _ (underscore)
- _ (dash)
- Designate the product as a "Discontinued" product.
- Note: This does not automatically remove this product from the channels and there is no business rules currently associated with this switch.
- Product Category*
- Select one or more category that the product should belong to. This choice will place the product in the associated category when the product is pushed to the channels. The list of available categories can be modified by the Administrator in "Settings - > Product Category Configuration".
- Sales Start Date/End Date
- Dates that the product will be sold
- Support Start Date/Expiry Date
- Dates that the product will be supported and maintained by the company
- If the product is intended or referenced for a specific Lead/Account/Potential that can be selected.
- Contact Name
- A Contact reference can be selected if available. This could be a person either in your company or at a vendor that can provide more information about the product or it could be a "Contact" at the "Account" selected above.
- Enter a website with product information.
- Select the product manufacturer, the list of manufacturers can be modified by the Administrator in "Settings - > Manufacturer Configuration" .
- Part No.
- If the product has a Part No. from the Manufacturer or other source that can be entered here.
- Preferred Vendor
- The vendor that is the Preferred Vendor for purchase of this product inventory (more than one Vendor can be associated with the product). The Preferred Vendor is used when automatic generation of POs is triggered by the user.
- Pricing Information
- Unit Cost* (U.S Dollar : $) - in edit mode, $ in view mode
- The actual unit cost of acquiring this product from a vendor or assembling this product.
- Commission Rate
- Commission (%) paid on sale of this product
- Usage Unit*
- Select the unit of usage for this product - default is "each". The list of available options can be modified by the Administrator in "Settings > Picklist Settings > Edit Product Picklist".
- Enter the Quantity of product/unit of inventory - default is "1.0". This can be a fractional number (e.g. 0.35) where the usage/sale quantity of the product is a fraction of the whole. It can also be multiple units (e.g. 5.0) where multiple units of the product is used/sold at once.
- Note: Amount of product in inventory is measured in terms of Qty/unit.
- e.g. If Usage Unit is "each", Qty/Unit is "1.0" and inventory is 25, there are 25 individual items available
- e.g. If Usage Unit is "meter", Qty/Unit is "0.5" and inventory is 50, there are 50 items of 0.5 meters available
- e.g. If Usage Unit is "each", Qty/Unit is "5.0" and inventory is 25, there are 25 sets of 5 available for sale
- Bar Code
- Bar code string can be entered here or scanned in using a barcode scanner - this is useful if you plan to use the POS.
- Product Stock Manager
- System user who is designated as the person responsible for managing product and inventory - this user will receive all notifications and tasks related to product and inventory.
- Send Stock Notifications
- Turn on/off notifications regarding inventory stock.
- Auto Create PO at Reorder Level
- When the Reorder Level is set for the product, select this checkbox for the system to automatically create a Purchase Order when stock reaches the required reorder level.
- Once the Purchase Order has been generated it can be edited under Orders > Purchase Orders.
- If multiple items related to the same vendor meet their reorder levels at the same time, a separate Purchase Order will be created for each product.
- Amazon Standard Identification Number
- This is Amazon Marketplace identifier for products listed there.
- This number can be entered directly into the text field or imported using the CSV import.
- The "magnifying glass" icon next to this field also allow selection from listings on Amazon. Click on the icon and enter a search term to bring up Amazon listings and click the "assign" link to add it to this field.
- Income Account
- Specify the "Income Account" for sales transactions - the revenue from the sale of this product is written to this account. The drop-down list is populated from the GL Accounts in "Settings > GL Accounts > Income Accounts" .
- COGS Account
- Specify the "Cost of Goods Sold Account" for sales transactions that contain this product. In the current version, the value from the "Unit Cost" field above is used to assign the cost of the product. The drop-down list is populated from the GL Accounts in "Settings > GL Accounts > COGS Accounts" .
- Current Asset Account
- Specify the "Inventory Asset Account" that is depleted from the sale of this product. The drop-down list is populated from the GL Accounts in "Settings > GL Accounts > Asset Accounts " .
- Expense Account
- Specify the "Expense Account" that is used to record expenses related to the sale of this product. This field is available only for "Service Products' (see "Service" field above). The drop-down list is populated from the GL Accounts in "Settings > GL Accounts > Expense Accounts" .
- Tax Category
- Specify if the sale of this product is "Taxable" or "Non-Taxable". Please note that the tax rate that is applied is different from the classification of the product "Tax Category".
- e.g. If the Product is "Taxable" but the product is sold through your webstore to an out of state customer, the Tax rate for that transaction will be 0%.
- So, this classification should be based on the nature of the product/service (not jurisdication or rate considerations).
- QuickBooks Item
- When a sales or purchase order transaction is exported to QuickBooks, select a QuickBooks item that corresponds to this product in QuickBooks. During export, this product will be written out to QuickBooks as the selected QuickBooks item. This field will display only "Non-Inventory Part" and "Service" items from the Item list synced from QuickBooks. Details on that can be found in Setting Up Products Mapping
- Note: You do not need to create a 1-1 mapping of products in Agiliron to ones in QuickBooks. QuickBooks items can be set up at the granularity that you want to do your accounting statements - at each product level or at each product category level (mens-shirts) or at each product top category level (mens) or at product type level (apparel, service). Please consult your accountant with regards to what makes sense for your business and the granularity of information you want on your accounting statements.
- Specify the product volume to be used for shipping cost calculation - in inches
- Specify the length of the product to be used for shipping cost calculation in inches
- Specify the width of the product to be used for shipping cost calculation in inches
- Specify the height of the product to be used for shipping cost calculation in inches
- Weight Major
- Specify the major weight of the product to be used for shipping cost calculation in pounds (lbs).
- e.g. If weight is 0.5 pounds, enter 0 here and enter 8 oz in the "Weight Minor" field.
- If weight is 1.5 pounds, enter 1 here and enter 8 oz in the "Weight Minor" field
- Weight Minor
- Specify the fractional weight of the product to be used for shipping cost calculation in ounces (oz)
- Check this if the shape of the product is an irregular one
- Shipping Cost
- Specify the Shipping Cost/Item for this Product. This is applicable in channels only is Individual Item Shipping is chosen as the Shipping Method.
- If any custom fields have been defined for products (in "Settings > Custom Field Settings > Product Custom Fields" ) they will be displayed in this section.
- In the case of products, you can choose to add/delete specific custom fields from each product based on its applicability by selecting Manage Custom Fields. See Section Custom Fields for more information.
Product Image Information
Click to add/remove images. See Section Managing Product Images for more information
Enter the description of the product here. The field provides a HTML editor that allows for formatting of the description content as you would want it to appear in your sales channels.
Please see section HTML Editor for details on using the HTML editor.
Please see Section Setting Product SEO Tags for more details.
Updated about 3 years ago