Once a sales channel has been connected to Agiliron, products and images that currently exist in the sales channel can be exported into the Agiliron Product Import Template.
For example, this template will allow you to take products already listed on Shopify and easily import them into Agiliron. The export contains products, pricing, image file names, product descriptions, etc. The template can be edited to fill in additional information such as stock locations, unit costs (if not listed in the channel), and more. Images stored in Shopify can then be transferred to Agiliron as well.
Note: As a general rule of thumb when setting up your Agiliron instance, we recommend exporting the products and categories from your existing sales channels, editing the files to meet the Agiliron requirements (as noted here for products), and then importing the files into Agiliron. If the products are created in Agiliron first and they also exist in the sales channel, you will end up doing more work to match the Product Slave ID's from the sales channel to the Agiliron products later on (especially if the product codes/categories in Agiliron do not match the product codes/categories in the sales channels).
This feature is available for the following sales channels:
To begin, connect the sales channel to Agiliron. See this section for connecting to the desired sales channel.
- Once connected, click "Edit" next to the sales channel (located in Settings > Channels).
- Scroll down to the section labeled "Export Data...". For this example, we are exporting data from BigCommerce. You will see the a list that displays various options.
- The list contains the following export capabilities:
- Export All Product Categories in the Agiliron Import Format - this exports all categories from the sales channel into an Agiliron Import Template that can then be imported under Settings > Categories.
- If no categories have been setup in Agiliron, use this file to create the category listing. If categories have been created in Agiliron, the Slave ID's in this file can be matched to existing categories to connect the categories from BigCommerce to Agiliron.
- Export All Products in Agiliron Import Format - this exports all products in the sales channel into an Agiliron Product Import Template that can be imported directly into Agiliron. Please note that the Product Slave ID's are included in this file automatically and will import with the products if this file is imported into Agiliron.
- The file will still need to meet the requirements for import as noted here. Review and revise the file as needed, add stock location information, preferred vendor information if applicable, unit costs, etc. If product images have been added to the sales channel, the product image file names will appear in this template as well.
- Copy All Product Images to Agiliron - copies product images from the sales channel to Agiliron.
- Once the product template is imported containing the image file names, the image file names in the database will be matched with the image file names in the template. The images can be seen by navigating to Products > Products and selecting an image name then scroll down to see product images.
- Export All Products Mapping Only in Agiliron Import Format - exports the Slave ID mapping from the sales channel.
- If products have already been imported/created in Agiliron and they also exist on the sales channel, this export pulls the Product Slave ID's for the products. These Product Slave ID's can then be imported to "connect" the products from Agiliron to BigCommerce so that inventory, pricing, etc. can be updated. Instructions for this import can be found here.
- Make the appropriate selection from the list and import as needed.
Updated 3 months ago