Credits can be issued to customers for various reasons, but most commonly they are created from sales returns. These credits can then be applied to a purchase on the customer's next visit.
- Full details on how to create a sales return can be found here, this includes how to issue the credit when creating the return.
Once a credit has been issued to a customer, navigate to Accounts and select the customer's account name.
- The total credits available to the customer can be found In the Accounting Information section as shown below.
To apply a credit to a customer's order:
- Create a sales order, either on the POS or in the back office. For the example below, we will demonstrate how to apply for a credit in the back office.
- Instructions for using Apply Credit at the POS can be found here.
- Enter the customer's account name on the order and select products.
- In the "Payment Information" section, select "Apply Credits" from the drop-down list.
- By default, the available credit amount will appear in the Amount box. This value can be edited to apply all or only some of the credit balance as payment.
- Enter the desired credit amount and the payment received date. The remaining balance due will appear next to the Amount Due line.
- Click the "Add Payment" button to enter the payment method for the remainder of the order.
- If selecting check or credit card as the payment method, click the "edit" link to enter check/cc details.
- Click the "Paid" checkbox in the Status box to indicate the order has been paid.
- Click "Save" to complete the order.
- The customer account will display the updated Credit Balance under Accounts.
Updated 4 months ago