Avalara is an Auto Sales Tax Rate provider that can dynamically generate the right Sales Tax for your customer orders based on the customer's location and the products being purchased.
Agiliron also supports Customer Matching of "Accounts" in Agiliron with Customer Name/Code in Avalara
- If the customer's name is found, then Avalara uses the specific customer information in the Avalara configuration to determine sales tax rates for that customer - this is useful in cases where a customer operates in multiple states and may have tax exemptions in some for example.
- If no match is found, the integration will continue to operate based on customer location and product TIC code.
To setup the integration to Avalara, we have to complete the following setup steps:
- Signup for a Avalara Account and Generate Avalara API Keys
- Setup Avalara API Keys in Agiliron for API Access
- Add the Avalara Tax Information Code (TIC) to products
These steps are covered in more detail below.
Signup for a Avalara Account and Generate Avalara API Keys:
Please contact Avalara at www.avalara.com to sign up for this service. Avalara is an Agiliron Partner but it is an independent service and needs to be subscribed directly with them.
Once you have signed up with Avalara and configured your settings in the Avalara system, please generate the API keys in Avalara for external tools to connect to your Avalara account.
Please see Avalara Help for details on setting up and configuring Avalara.
Setup Avalara Keys Information in Agiliron for API Access:
- To setup Avalara for Sales Tax generation in Agiliron, select "Settings > Auto Sales Tax Rates Providers.
The following fields are available:
- Account ID: Set to the "Account ID" provided by Avalara.
- License Key: Enter the "License Key" from Avalara.
- Company Code: Enter the "Company Code" from Avalara.
- Connection Mode: Select "Live" unless running in "Test" mode in Avalara
- Discount Code and Shipping Code: These are the Tax Codes to be used for Shipping Charges and Discounts applied to the order. You can use the defaults the system provides unless there is a need to change them to something more specific. You can use the magnifying glass to select a different code.
Test Connection Button
- After entering the above information, click the "Test Connection" button to verify that the credentials entered allow Agiliron to connect with your Avalara account.
- The system will try to connect with Avalara and confirm the connection or provide feedback regarding the problem.
Once this setup has been complete, TIC codes need to be set for each product. This can entered through the Product Import Spreadsheet Template or entered manually as shown below.
Add the Avalara Tax Information Code (TIC) to products
Navigate to Products > Products.
Click "Edit" next to a product.
- Enter the TIC code if known, otherwise select the magnifying glass next to the Avalara Tax Code field.
- A pop-up box will appear allowing for the selection of the TIC codes.
- Select one of the TIC Labels.
- To view more options, select the page number to view additional codes.
- Once selected the code populates in the Avalara Tax Code field.
- Click "Save" to save changes for the product.
Updated about 19 hours ago