- Proxy Products
For businesses that have related products that are identified by differing product codes, the "Proxy" feature can be used to associate "child" products to one "parent" product code.
- The "parent" product code houses the inventory for all items, and each "child" code pulls inventory quantity from the related "parent" product code.
- This is useful for parts manufacturers/distributors in which items have different product codes associated with identical products.
- The unit cost will be automatically calculated based on the cost of the related "parent" product code.
Once a product is created as a "Proxy", select ( "Related Product to Proxy Product" ) under Stock Information to select the related product.
Click Save when finished.
- The unit cost now displays the cost based on the related product.
- The selected "parent" product code is also shown.
Updated 3 months ago