Bulk Edit is a feature that allows you to edit multiple purchase order returns.
Whether you want to change the billing address, shipping method, edit terms & conditions or perform any changes to the purchase order returns, the bulk edit feature allows you to modify and update maximum 5 fields at a time in just a few clicks.
Let's understand the process:
- Go to Orders -> Purchase Order Returns on the left menu panel of admin.
- Purchase Order Returns List view will open.
- Select the Order IDs which you want to edit.
Either 'select all' by ticking the checkbox preceding the Order id column name or click on the checkboxes preceding the Order Ids you want to make changes.
Here, as an example we are selecting order ids - 2 and 5.
- Next, click on the three vertical dots (next to the delete button).
- Click on Bulk Edit from the drop down list.
Performing bulk edit on a specific set of Purchase Returns (uploading CSV file or spreadsheet table)
The new bulk edit wizard offers an additional feature. Users can now either upload a CSV file or enter the Order ids in a spreadsheet. Bulk edit will be performed only on those specific purchase order returns. There is no need to select the order ids prior.
Follow the below steps:
- Without selecting any order ids, click on the three dot menu and select Bulk Edit.
Select Label Type window will pop up with two options to upload Purchase Return for bulk edit - 'Upload CSV' or 'Spreadsheet Table'.
To Upload CSV
- Select Upload CSV radio button.
- Click on Next.
- After clicking on Next, you'll be asked to Upload CSV. Either drop a CSV file or browse the required file from your system and upload.
- Click on Upload file then click on Next.
- The spreadsheet table will get displayed.
- Click on Next to proceed with further steps (check - Purchase Return Bulk Edit Wizard - Step by step process section).
In case in the Select Label Type, if you Select Spreadsheet Table radio button and then Click on Next.
Directly, the spreadsheet table will open where you need to enter the PO Return ids on which you want to perform bulk edit. Make sure to enter valid Order ids.
- Once PO Return ids are entered, click on Next.
Whether you select Order Ids, upload CSV or enter PO return ids in a spreadsheet, the next set of steps are the same for all.
>>>Purchase Order Return Bulk Edit Wizard - Step by step process
- Purchase Return Bulk Edit Wizard will open. You can minimize or maximize each screen as per convenience.
Step 1 - Select Fields
- In step 1, select the fields that need to be edited.
NOTE - You can select maximum 5 fields to perform bulk edit.
a. Either type one by one field name in the search field and tick the checkbox as the field appears.
b. Select fields (max 5) as per your requirement from the different segments as displayed below.
c. Select all fields (max 5 fields) of a particular segment at a time by clicking on the checkbox, preceding the main heading of the segment.
You can view the count of fields selected below the Reset All button.
Reset All button is to deselect all the fields selected. You can start again with field selection.
As an example, we are selecting 'Assigned To', 'Billing City', and 'Priority'.
- Select the fields and click on Next.
Step 2 - Generate Form
- Next comes the Generate Form.
- Enter the relevant data in fields and click on Next.
- If it's a text field, type the necessary text.
- If it's a drop down, select the required option from the list.
Step 3 - Confirmation
- In Confirmation, you can see the Field names and Field values that you have edited for the selected purchase order returns.
- To proceed, click on Next.
Step 4 - Processing
- Then comes the Processing.
- You will be asked if you are sure to continue with the bulk edit. If yes, click on Start Updating.
- Execution starts.
- One by one field will be updated.
- When the updating is done, click on Next.
Note - When the update takes place, make sure you do not click the Back button on your browser or close the window.
Step 5 - History
- In History, you will see the status, the old value, and the new value of the fields edited in the description column. User name, last modified date and timing will also be displayed.
- To start again with the bulk edit process, click on Update Again button or simply close the window (x), if you are done with the bulk edit.
Updated about 20 hours ago