This user guide section will give you an overview of the enhanced Sales Order New/Edit form in the Agiliron CRM with a Shipping Cost Calculator that gets real-time shipping rates from shipping carriers.
As a user, you will have an option to check the shipping price based on the products' location (delivered from), shipping address and also the weight and volume of the products.
NOTE - Just like the Sales Order shipping estimate process shown below, you can follow the process for the Quotes module too.
Carrier Web Service API Credentials Sites
Every shipping carrier service has its own process for getting API credentials. To get details like access key, username, password etc. for the shipping carrier option you've integrated (the credentials to enter into Settings -> Shipping Carriers), here is what you need to do.
- Go to the link - https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/ and click “Register Now” and fill in the registration information for USPS web tools.
- Go to the link https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit and click “Request an Access Key”.
- Go to the link https://www.fedex.com/en-us/developer/web-services/process.html#production. First you will have to sign up.
You will find a link “FedEx Web Services” -> click on “Move To Production” and then click on the button “Get Production Key”.
- Fill in the form and follow the steps.
For Old Dominion
- Go to the link https://www.odfl.com//WebServiceSignup and click "Rate Estimate"
- Login to DHL API developer portal and go to https://developer.dhl/api-reference/product-finder-dhl-ecommerce.
After API credentials are set:
- Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Shipping Carriers.
- Here you will find the list of shipping carriers.
- Click on anyone shipping name you want (as an example we are choosing - UPS).
- Shippers Information will open where you can see the traditional information like name and password. In addition, there is an option to add a username and access key which is related to the API.
A merchant's account need to be set inside the shipping carrier and add access key, in order to fetch the shipping cost, further.
- You will also find a Test Connection button. Click on it to check if the connection is working fine or not.
- If the connection is successful, go ahead by clicking on Save.
In the below screenshot you can see the test connection was successful.
- Once the shipping carrier is setup, you can go to new sales order or open the existing one.
- As an example, we are taking new sales order.
- Go to New and pick New sales order from the drop down list.
- In the Sales Order Information, all you need to do is select a desirable Deliver from location, select an account name with proper shipping address and select products.
- After adding the products, in the Product Details tab itself, you can see an Estimate button, besides shipping.
- When you click on the Estimate button, *Select carrier pop up comes up that showcases different carrier options, related to the carrier name (UPS), different shipping rates and expected delivery dates.
Like, for example if you select UPS Ground, the shipping rate will be 30.51 and product is expected to get delivered by 24th August, 2021.
- If you scroll down, you can also see other shipping carriers like USPS and the different competing carrier options.
- Whichever carrier option you select and click on Confirm, it will be automatically added as your shipping carrier cost. You can see the rate added in Shipping.
There is no need to go anywhere else to check the carrier cost, it's all available here itself.
Note - The shipping carriers that Agiliron supports are UPS, USPS, Old Dominion, FedEx, and DHL.
Updated 10 months ago